Weekly Digest of Inspired Writings: Do Good Now, Are you Average or Savvy?, Do Yoga–doctor’s orders!
May 27, 2011
- Are you an average student, or a savvy student?
- Sign up for daily “success principles” from Jack Canfield
- Decide What You Want and then get started!
- Don’t look for the right excuse
- Do good and do it now, please!
- Overcome your fears through service
- Here are 7 tips for striking up conversations
- 6 ways to project ease on stage
- And some tips on preparedness
- Use the arts to build bridges between youth and their communities
- Read up on why it’s imperative that orchestras include new music in their programs
- And how UK orchestras might be ahead of US orchestras
- Did you know that over 42 million of us are singing in the US?
- Follow a conversation with Community Musicworks founder Sebastian Ruth and meet a NYC Pastor who launched a music program targeting poor kids
- Looking for work? The Santa Fe Youth Symphony Association is seeking a Music Director/YSO Conductor and KidZNotes in Durham, NC is looking for a KidZNotes Manager
- And the Seattle Music Partners is currently looking for an Education Director to help guide their after school music program
- Need interview tips? Read here to ace your next interview
- Don’t miss it, it’s the most extensive national directory of awards, services, and publications for artists
- Learn how to sell your music using Facebook and how to use free Google Analytics and track stats on your sites
- Forgetful? You’ll be happy to know that exercise helps our brains as we age
- Or you can do yoga (doctor’s orders!) and do it for free with these yoga videos
- You might consider a Body Mapping Course in London or an Alexander Technique workshop in Virginia
- Remember, at the end, Music is the perfect team sport and gives us the spark of spontaneity!
Video of the week, from an El Sistema inspired program in Philadelphia, TUNE UP PHILLY. The trombonists in this video have only been playing for six months! Bravi!